The organizers of the 2016 Solution-focused World Conference “Skills and Solutions” are pleased to issue this call for papers for presentations by solution-focused therapists, practitioners, managers, teachers, researchers and policy makers.
In keeping with the theme of the conference “Creative Interventions with Children, Youth, Families and Schools”, your accepted presentation will focus on:
- Innovative applications of solution-focused tools, techniques, language, engaging with the client.
- Practices and experiences with implementing the solution-focused approach with children, youth, parents and families.
- Practices and experiences with implementing the solution-focused approach with schools, child-protection services, youth-health organizations and larger organizations.
- Practices and experiences with the solution-focused approach from the client’s perspective.
- Challenging diagnostic labels and the diagnostic culture (DSM-5) and offer useful alternatives.
- Outcome research on using the solution-focused approach with children, youth, families, schools and larger organizations.
- Practices and experiences in professional development, leadership development and solution-focused management of schools and larger organizations.
Requirements for subscription
- Submit your call for papers on the special form that you can download below.
- Describe the format you would like to present: 30 minutes plenary or 90 minutes workshop.
- Introduce yourself/yourselves and your professional background(s)
- Describe your presentation which will include two learning objectives.
- Your 90 minutes workshop will preferably include an exercise, a live demo or video clips of your work.
- Please send in your paper before November 15th 2015.
- Notification of acceptance on December 12th 2015.
- Accepted presenters will receive 10% discount on the conference fee.
Download call for papers 2016 - Submission form:
Call for papers 2016 - submission form